In this blog, you will be reading about the four workshops that happened in one week, you shall also read about our upcoming programmes.
I informed you earlier that four SELL Programmes held in one week and here is a rundown of these programmes:
- In Jos, the capital of Plateau State, Nigeria, two SELL programmes took place in the same week. The first was on Wednesday 28th – Thursday 29th November 2012, members of the Jos Area SELL team (Grace, Beji, Hilda and Alex) lead the interactive Forum and 15 young people participated. The unit of the SELL programme that was shared with the young people was the Self Awareness unit. Some of the participants said the following in their evaluations;
- I feel happy about this workshop and wish the programme continues. I also felt cared for, I was listened to as well.
- I appreciate the SELL Team in Jos for the wonderful work they did with us, I pray that they will continue this work to the glory of God.
Still facilitated by the same team (Jos Team), on Friday 30th – Saturday 1st December 2012, the team delivered a SELL Programme with a group of young people in Angul – Dee area of Jos town. The facilitators again, shared the Self – Awareness unit of the programme with the participant. According to Grace, one of the facilitators, ‘the Programme was a great success, and recorded 21 participants’. Grace also said the Self Awareness unit has never been as heavy for her in the sense that it was very emotional, she said participants journeying into their past generated tears for them (Participants). Because of the situation, the facilitators had to pause with the work for the group to regain their emotions before they continued with the workshop.
The SELL Resource Team congratulates members of the SELL Team in Jos for all the wonderful work they are doing with the young adults and wish them luck as they continue with the work.
- Another SELL programme that happened on the weekend of 30th November – 1st December 2012 was at Takum town in Taraba State, Nigeria. The unit that was delivered to the 15 young people that attended was the Leadership unit of the SELL programme. Victor and Dominic, members of the SELL Team in Jalingo delivered the Programme at Takum.
- The third SELL Programme for that weekend took place in Shendam town. Shendam is a Local Government Area in Plateau State, Nigeria. The Group that invited the SELL Team in Shendam to deliver the SELL Programme for them was the Catholic Cadet youths in Shendam. The Programme recorded 56 participants and the facilitators were Dajan and Fidelis.
In view of this, the SELL Resource Team feels proud of her Area Teams for owning the programme and taking it upon themselves to Share its goodness with other young people. We hope that in 2013, we shall work more, to affect many young people towards a better society.
The first SELL Community Training in Jos is took place on the 14th – 15th December, 2012. The training was on the Self Awareness unit of SELL and the Venue was at the Inter-Faith Youth Vocational Training Centre in Bokkos, Plateau state, Nigeria. The organisation for this training was done by members of the Jos Area Team; we wish to appreciate them for this effort. A report of this Training shall come to you in our next update.
Still from Jos, the SELL team there will be had a programme with the Senior Students of a Secondary in Jos. Detail of this workshop and training shall be reported to you in our next blog. For now, have a wonderful yuletide season.
Communication Team Member, SELL Foundation