- On 25th August, 2021, a radio discussion took place on Navrongo-based community radio station – Nabiina FM in the Upper East Region.
A similar discussion also occurred on URA Radio in Bolgatanga (Upper East Region) and Dasuma FM in Yendi (Northern Region) on the 26th and 29th August, 2021 respectively.
The separate discussions centered on the Sahel Peace Initiative (SPI).
- A Peace Forum was organized in Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region on 26th August, 2021.
It was on the theme: "Peaceful Coexistence for Inclusive Development."
It brought together various stakeholders including: representatives of the National Peace Council, Regional Chief Imam, Police Commander, Ahmadiyya Muslim Mission, Anglicans, Presbyterians, National Youth Authority, Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) and the National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE).
Assembly Members, Justice & Peace Commission members, Youth and Opinion Leaders also attended.
It was aimed at consolidating peace in Ghana.
Fifty-six (56) people participated.
- A Rising from Resilient Roots (RRR) workshop was organized in Navrongo, 27th to 28th August as part of the Sahel Peace Initiative (SPI) activities.
Participants were drawn from Navrongo township, Doba, Vugaja, Pungu, Naaga, Nayagenia, Namolo, Nangalikinia and Muslim communities.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young people find internal balance, strengthen their identity and learn new coping skills in order to increase hope and well-being in themselves and their communities.
Seventy-two (72) youth, including five (5) Muslim brothers participated in the workshop.
- From 27th to 28th August, a step-down workshop was conducted for the Jirapa community in the Upper West Region.
It was on the Community Building unit of the SELL Programme. Participants explored various ways of building and sustaining genuine community life.
Forty-one (41) young people participated.
- Commissioned Volunteers of the Leo-Northern Cluster Team in the Tamale Zone organized a workshop for some executives of the Catholic Organization for Social and Religious Advancement (COSRA).
It took place in Tamale in the Northern Region on 28th August and focused on the Leadership unit of the SELL Programme.
Sixteen (16) leaders participated.
The same day in Walewale in the North-East Region, Commissioned Volunteers of the Bolga Cluster Team in the Navrongo-Bolgatanga Zone also conducted a Leadership workshop.
Eight (8) youth participated.
- On the 29th August, an introductory meeting took place in the Yendi Zone on the SPI Mentorship Programme.
The meeting afforded mentors who were orientated for the roll out of the programme, to create groups based on similarities and matching of individuals.
Following applications for recruitment, the youth were grouped and paired with seasoned mentors (identified entrepreneurs, business professionals, service providers etc) in their area of interest.
Sixty-eight (68) young adults from various faith backgrounds participated in the meeting.
The purpose of the programme is to provide the youth with mentorship and coaching support towards achieving their aspirations and dreams.
The Mentorship Programme is part of the Sahel Peace Initiative (SPI) of the Catholic Relief Services with SELL Ghana and other stakeholders as partners in its implementation.