Before the training date, invitations were sent out to 33 people, out of which, 23 made it for the training. The training started on the 6th and ended on the 10th February 2013.
The summary for this training for Facilitators which focused on the Leadership Unit of SELL is captured below from some of the Trainees’ evaluation;
- Some of my Insights include; Understanding team work, identification of my leadership styles, ability to value individuals opinions, necessity of sharing ideas, group discussions etc - Pwamoreno Raymond.
- I learnt the following during the training; how to understand and respond to the need of my group, how to avoid the negative use of power and authority and how important and critical good communication is in our lives. Another useful learning that I hope stays with me is how to always remain approachable and accountable as a leader. – James Jampi.
- The SELL Programme (Training) does not need to stop at our learning set, since it is targeted towards bringing about change in the society by helping people to realize the need to be open to change, peace and seek to be effective leaders in the various systems they find themselves. - Paul Moses.
- Sharing Education and Learning for life facilitators training was educative, interesting, encouraging, motivational and stressful, stressful because nothing good comes easy. – Rejoice Peter.
- My greatest insights were how I was helped to understand the kind of leader I am with the use of animal pictures. Also it helps me know what to do as a good and effective leader. I learnt how I could live with people of different back-grounds in peace and also to develop a heart of love for other people. – Patience Martine.
As at the time of writing this blog, Moses and Jonathan, both members of the SELL Resource team are doing training for Facilitators for the Maiduguri community Team. The Peace Building Training which Started on the 20th will end on the 24th February 2013. We wish them all the best as they continue and journey mercies back upon their return.
In a different story, a member of the Kumasi SELL Team, former Miss Mary Efua is now Mrs Mary Takyi. The Wedding between Mary and Takyi took place on the 10th February 2013 in Kumasi Ghana. The SELL Family wishes the couple bliss in their marital life.
A report came to us last week from the Abuja SELL Team, Abuja is the Capital of Nigeria. The team Leader JohnMaria said they held a meeting to plan for their workshops and other SELL Activites in 2013. In all, 7 Team members came for the meeting, they also used the opportunity to refresh themselves in a relaxed atmosphere where they ate and drank together.
Three SELL workshops are took place this past weekend 22nd – 23rd February 2013;
- The Leadership unit will be shared with Deanery executives of our lady queen of peace deanery in the Catholic Diocese of Jalingo. The facilitators for the programme are two members of the Jalingo SELL Area Team Freda and Victor.
- Mary and Hilary both members of the Youth Formation Centre Team, with the support of the SELL Team in Tafawa Balewa, Bauchi State Nigeria, will be Delivering the Justice unit of SELL to some youths in Tafawa Balewa axis.
- Still in Bauchi, Isaac and Maria will lead an interactive forum with the Nigerian Christian Corps Fellowship, Bauchi Branch. The Focus of the workshop will be the Leadership unit of SELL.
Reports of these three programmes and other stories shall be brought to you next week.
Communication Team Member, SELL Foundation.