Since the last time we kept in touch, the following programmes have taken place:
- At Pupule Community in Taraba State, Nigeria, the Jalingo team of Victor and Freda, delivered the Leadership unit of the SELL Programme and had 61 persons in attendance. The facilitators; Victor and Freda said it was tasking working with such a large group, but they did their best. Some of the participants said they have attended different workshops before but that the SELL workshop is outstanding. The programme held on the 14th – 15th June, 2013.
- On the 17th – 18th June, 2013, the SELL Programme was delivered among a group of youth from the Lutheran Church of Christ in Nigeria (LCCN). The unit of SELL that was explored there was the Leadership unit and the facilitators were Rifkatu and Bwalami. The duo got support from some members of the Yola Area team. 19 participants were present at the workshop. Though the facilitators found the workshop to be challenging, however, the experience was significant to them since it was the first SELL workshop they were facilitating since after been trained to facilitators in February this year. They look forward to another opportunity again soon to run another SELL Programme so as to strengthen their skills in facilitation.
- Two members of the SELL Resource team; Mary and Moses and two volunteers of SELL from Abuja SELL Team; JohnMaria and Lucy went to Ijebu - Ode town of Ogun state, Nigeria to run the SELL Programme with some youths of the community and students of the St. Patrick’s Formation house Ijebo – ode. The workshop held on the 21st -30th June 2013, the participants were 38 in number. Three units of the SELL Programme; Justice, Peace Building and Community Building were explored during the workshop.
The Justice unit of SELL was shared with a group of 25 young people; 19 male and 6 female from Takum community in Taraba State. The programme held on the 21st – 22nd June, 2013. The facilitators were the Jalingo community Trainees.
- The year three (3) students of a secondary school in Bauchi State, Nigeria, experienced the SELL Programme this year. The programme held on the 19th June at their school hall. The students were a mixture of male and female students who were all numbering 76 (41 female and 35 male). The school usually organise a programme for her year three students and they call it the Transition Year Programme; this is preparing them for the experience of the next three classes is called the Senior Secondary School Classes. The SELL Team was invited to deliver the programme as part of preparing them for the senior class experience. A special package of the SELL Programme was used to support the students on this request made by them and their school.
- A report came to us from the SELL Team in Shendam (Dajan, Fidelis and Victus), that they delivered the SELL Programme to a group of young people from a town in that area called Kwande. The programme held on the 19th – 20th July, 2013, the unit of SELL that was shared with the young people was the Peace Building unit. The workshop recorded 28 participants, 12 of which were female.
Communication Desk, SELL